Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Build-A-Bra" logos.

So, here are some of my logos I drew for Build-A-Bra. I still haven't decided which one I am going to go with as yet, but I will still explain my thought process for each one.

The sketch in the top left corner is my first sketch. I pictured it being more of the sign outside of the store. I wanted a flowery/girly approach to it to show its feminism quality. My slogan says, "You create perfection." The only dilemma I thought of was that I wanted to have something small on each of the bras made at Build-A-Bra (like how American Eagle Outfitters has their little eagle in the corner of their clothing). The only thing I could see that could work was the flower pattern around the name; I could have that printed in various ways on the bras there to show its uniqueness; that it was definitely made at Build-A-Bra.

The second sketch was me adding more of a visual appeal through having an actual bra with the name written in the same format as the first logo. I thought that this would be kind of a cool approach for business cards, website, etc. since it had more of a picture-with-words effect.


In this sketch, I thought of a girl going along with the name of the company. A simple, not very detailed stick figure holding a heart. To me, the heart would symbolize that every girl is loved enough to have exactly what she needs made for her comfort with her breasts; absolute perfection. Slogan: "Made by you for you", which is a meaningful statement.



This sketch, a simple flower field with the name, actually symbolizes the various types of women/girls who need a perfect bra for them. Women of all shapes and sizes come to the same place for one purpose, so the flowers, being all different shapes and sizes, represent the women/girls who can stand proud next to the name, "Build A Bra".



For this sketch, I guess the ribbon was more of an idea because making your own bra that would be perfect for you would be like a gift to yourself, hence the gift ribbon. It's not my favorite sketch, but that's what I was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment