Monday, February 13, 2012

Project 2--My Word: Bliss

Vector Illustration



Actual Picture

My word for this photo: bliss. :) For obvious reasons. 

So, I'd like to point out that I have NEVER heard of Illustrator before, ever. So, this is literally my first experience using it. When you take that into account--I'm not that bad, come on.

Also, as I worked hours upon hours on this project (over 20 hours in total), I started to make the details my own thing (like my hair, my blouse, etc.). I know some of the details in the photo aren't in the illustration (Raf's necklace and my hair clip), but I ended up not knowing how to make it show up on my layer I was working on. I made it in a layer, and lost it again and couldn't bring it to the front. And, obviously, me not knowing anything that's going on, wouldn't know how to fix that. 

I do admit that even though this was one of the most tedious and hardest projects I've done, I enjoyed it. I hope Raf likes it. It's his birthday present, haha.

My challenges: EVERYTHING. Nah, I'm kidding. Honestly, the NOSES, the EYES, EYELASHES. I am supposed to have some form of cheek bones and there are none...because I didn't know how..I know how it's SUPPOSED to look, but..yeah. I tried. Also, as I ended up spending more and more time on this, I kept forgetting I was doing different details in different layers, so i ran into problems there when I would go back to one layer and a detail i did previously wouldn't be there.

So, all in all, my process was basically starting out with Raf, I did the skin, the ears, the hat, his shirt, then starting getting into the details of his face. For me, I did my face, and then my hair, then the details of my face and my shirt last.

I hope I can get better at using this program, because I really do want to know how to create things in unique ways using these tools.






No comments:

Post a Comment