Monday, March 19, 2012

Business Card (before printed)





This is my final business card before printing at the print shop! I really like my design. I'm not sure if I like the front of my business card as much, but I think it works well still. I have no idea how the little green box got around the slogan "Made by you for you." I was trying to use the pen tool for the butterfly's process, but then when I printed out the card, there was a green box around the slogan that I have no idea how it got there, but...a good accident, maybe? 

My process was to draw the vines in Illustrator with the pen tool (for my corner borders) and place it within my business card file in InDesign. From there, I placed my logo in the center of the card and did some resizing. However, the back of the logo took more time for me, between finding a casual font that worked for the contact information and the company slogan, colors, using the pen tool for the butterfly's path, and going back to Illustrator to create a butterfly for the card and placing it back in the card...

When arranging my card, I placed all of my design up to the margins, so it printed out small. However, after resizing the design, it looked better. I'm happy with my design, just nervous about printing it at the print shop! Hopefully it prints well!

No comments:

Post a Comment